Sunday, May 19, 2013

12 May 2013 - the passing away of a boy...

Daddy and I went back to PICU after dinner and discovered that both the on-call doctors as well as some nurses were in room 11. We remained outside of Charlene's ward as the nurses were suctioning Charlene. Then we watched drama unfold in front of us. One nurse frantically ran out of the room asking for help. She frantically pushed the emergency trolley in while other nurses started preparing the emergency drugs and making phone calls. And while the minutes tickled away, the nurses were running in and out of the room. More and more doctors rushed into PICU; most of them were wearing home clothes and it was obvious that they rushed back to the hospital from somewhere else.

During that time I went to the toilet and saw CPR being done when I walked past. When I returned, I saw a heap of blood stained tissue papers? on the floor. And then a whole team of doctors came in and began an emergency operation. Though we do not know this boy at all, it was traumatizing to watch it. I was so affected that I had difficulty sleeping...

No comments:

Post a Comment