Friday, May 10, 2013

10 May 2013

Charlene was looking good in the day. Her oxygen saturation was above 90 throughout the day. As I was with church friends and my brother, I didn't have a chance to say good night to Charlene when the nurses started suctioning her. Wanting to say goodnight to her, I waited outside. An hour and a half gone by and I felt that something wasn't right. Looking from outside, I realised that there were no doctors, very few nurses at the counter and the emergency trolley was not in sight. I went in and saw from the computer screen that Charlene's heart rate is 190.

The doctor came out shortly and said that her oxygen saturation then her heart rate went down rapidly. They did cpr on her for 2-3 mins to resuscitate her. This is the 7th time Charlene survived cpr. I was shocked because her condition was relatively stable in the day.

We do not despair because our hope is in God. Even though we don't know and don't understand His plan for Charlene, we can only have faith in Him. We will continue to pray for God's healing to be upon Charlene.

No comments:

Post a Comment