Thursday, April 7, 2011

7 Apr 2011

Charlene was very cooperative in school today. She did very well in her physio session. So exciting, Charlene is going into the pool next week for her first hydro session.

The OT, who is usually quite nice, sorta 'scolded' me today.   He said that Charlene is severely disabled and we need to do more for her. He must have a bad day. Maybe he is fed up that we are not acting quickly on his suggestions (making Charlene wear tights so as to keep her muscles and joints together, and buying a bench to do sitting exercises with Charlene). Well, I guess we procrastinate a little but we need to specially squeeze time to go and buy these stuff.

Anyway, his words are harsh reality. Not that I am living in denial. But I don't need to be reminded of it so bluntly. I felt like someone has poured a whole pail of cold water on me! Being the main caregiver, I felt solely responsible for Charlene's development. I started questioning if I have been too slack. Whether I could do more for Charlene. I felt depressed. Who really understands what I am going through? (Besides my husband and my overseas support group frens)

No comments:

Post a Comment