Friday, April 22, 2011

22 April 2011

Good Friday!
We brought Charlene to church office to attend our church first Good Friday service. We went through the 7 sayings of Jesus before he died on the cross for us. We reflected on our sins and wrote them on a piece of black paper. Then we used a nail to pierce through it and nailed the paper to a chunk of wood with a hammer. I found this activity to be meaningful. We were reminded of the gruesome death of Jesus. How he was nailed to the cross. But more importantly, we were reminded that through His death, our sins are forgiven. Thank you Lord Jesus for being the sacrificial lamb for us.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, My name is Jennifer Patchin and I live in California in the USA. I have a son named Micah who has MPEI and is currently 61/2 years old. After 2 years of not being connected to the online MPEI world I decided tonight to do a little research. I am an acquintance of Allison, Niamh's mom from a yahoo support group that I use to participate in. I came to her site and clicked on Charlene's name first. I haven't even looked at any other story on this site becuase clearly God wanted me to see yours. I am writing to you just to tell you what an absolute joy it is to see you be so bold about your faith and the strength you find in our Lord Jesus. I too am a follower of Jesus and he truly is my strength and joy. Having my son Micah has been one of the biggest blessings and priveledges. God has taught me more about himself and his ways and given more opportunities to share Christ than I ever had without my precious son. I could go on and on. But what I really wanted to say is thank you and that I am so encouraged to have a sister walking a similar path with her eyes focussed on our amazing God who is the great healer and author and perfector of our faith. If I can be an encouragement to you or if you would like to chat I would love to hear from you. I can tell you after 6 plus years it does get easier. God's grace and peace to you.
    patchinfamily@newharborchurch.com

    ReplyDelete