Thursday, April 14, 2011

14 April 2011

Charlene had her first hydro therapy session today. She was sleeping through half of the session. Teacher Melody taught me the exercises to be done in the pool. Due to less gravity pull, Charlene was able to sit quite well and could even stand. Charlene was awake when I took over from Teacher to demonstrate what she has taught me. Charlene started clenching her fists. I thought she is passing motion as she has this tendency to clench her fists during poo-pooing. But that was not the case when I changed her. Perhaps she was nervous n tense as I was unconfident of handling her in water. But, overall, it was good to see Charlene adapting well to her first experience in a pool. :)

Teacher Adeline brought Charlene to soft-play room and we placed Charlene on the slide again. She responded in the same manner as last week. Cried after coming down the slide and stopped immediately after she is being put back at the top o the slide. Teacher Adeline will count one, two and prompt Charlene to say three. Cute little Charlene will try very hard, some movement in her mouth and when she goes "Eh!", Teacher Adeline and I will slide her down. Once she reached the bottom, Teacher will ask Charlene, "Do you want more?" Charlene will cry and we will put her back at the top. Teacher and I are vey amused and happy with Charlene's responses.

No comments:

Post a Comment