Thursday, March 8, 2012

8 March 2012

Thank God for today as everything planned has been accomplished despite delays. 

Thank God for a taxi immediately after I went downstairs. The driver was very patient and nice too. After waiting for 30 mins, Charlene had her button changed. The nurse was amazed that Charlene's mic-key button lasted for more than a year. She said many people's mic-key buttons only lasted a few months. I told her the doctor ordered me to change it. Well, it is really a little dirty but if not necessarily, you won't change it because one set costs $177. Anyway, thank God for the skilled nurse. She replaced it so fast that I did not even catch a glance of it. Charlene is a strong little girl. She only whined and did not even cry. 

Afterwhich we went to the Feeding Clinic. I was very pissed. I felt that the SLT is not value-adding in any way and I am just wasting my time and effort seeing her. She cannot even ensure that Charlene's sitting position is optimal then asked me to feed her. How do you expect Charlene to swallow when she is in a reclining position? Obviously she will cough and choke. Rather than holding Charlene, she was pushing my pram to an upright position (if it spoils, it's definitely her fault) while it was obvious Charlene was still reclining. Then, after Charlene coughs and chokes, she took prune puree and gave me half a spoonful of it and ask me to feed Charlene. I was aghast. This was the same SLT who told me not to give her anything via spoon and if I want to give her pacifier, must perform suction before and after. And now, after Charlene chokes and still in a very bad position, she wants me to spoonfeed her?!? I was infuriated. I used my left hand to hold Charlene into a 90 degree sitting position and used my right hand to feed her. Then I told her straight in her face "See, she is swallowing". Faint ah..

Charlene is a good girl. She did well in her physiotherapy session in her neurosuit. She sat by herself with arms resting on the bench. She also stand for quite a well. We are really thankful to God for providing us with the second hand neurosuit. According to the PT, the neurosuit company did not get bk to them anymore and there's no news of the new neurosuits.... 




No comments:

Post a Comment