Monday, March 26, 2012

26 March 2012 - Charlene and Winnie the Pooh cartoons

Three days ago, I decided that when Charlene is doing her neurosuit training, I would find something meaningful for her so that she can understand why she should sit up. At the same time, I need to find something that will keep my time too so that I won't be so bored that I fell asleep. Thank God for providing me with wisdom. 

So while Charlene is sitting in her neurosuit in front of the mirror (so that I can see her), I am behind her (just imagine me to be the chair) so that when she is tired, she will lean her head on me (my hands are not holding her head unless she becomes tired and unstable). I put the laptop in front of us and started with Pooh's Heffalump Movie on Fri. I wasn't sure if Charlene was watching. But she was not upset and doesnt look bored or stressed. So I enjoyed myself. Yesterday, we watched the Tigger Movie. 

And today we watched the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. Charlene was able to sit and hold her head by herself for a prolonged duration of 15mins! Praise the Lord! We took a 5mins break at the half hour mark and continued. After an hour (which is normally Charlene's max tolerance for neurosuit training), I took her off the suit and she was visibly happy. Wanting to reward her, I carried her in my arms but she started to be upset and struggled to get out of my arms. I thought perhaps she wanted to finish the show (there was 10mins left). So I sat her up again (this time with my hands holding her head) and she kept quiet immediately. We finished the show and I put her back in her bed. She started being upset again. Dez and I were very happy! Charlene wants to watch cartoons! 

No comments:

Post a Comment