Wednesday, February 29, 2012

God provides

I thank God for His providence in terms of finances. After an appropriate break from the last assignment in Sept last year (afterwhich my grandma fell v ill and eventually passed away), I was given an altogether new task and an opportunity to get to know IB economics syllabus. I thank God for Joshua's (my tuition boy) mum who understood the difficulty of handling a special needs child as Joshua's brother is autistic. That covered some of my monthly insurance premiums but it was still short.

Then recently, I have been easily affected whenever I see normal children. I find myself asking many questions; why, when....

God's response came in a way I never expected. I took up another assignment from an agent. I thought it was a female student as the name and number given to me was that of Joscelyn. When I reached the house, then I found out that my second student is also called Joshua.

Mere coincidence. Just how many Joshuas are there in Singapore? Anyway, I thought hard about it. Perhaps, God wanted to encourage me through the Bible character Joshua who chose not to believe in what he sees (powerful enemies in greath strength) but trusts that the LORD will lead Israel to victory. Similarly, if I choose to believe in my eyes and what I see of Charlene as of now, I will only feel despair and lose hope. However, I should follow Joshua and trust in God and put my hope in Him. One day, I will also reach the Promised Land just as God led Joshua and Israel into the land filled with honey and milk.

I thank God also for my friend Wanfen who remembered me and helped me to get a third student who is willing to come to my place. At least for now, it is sufficient to cover my monthly insurance premiums leaving the savings intact.

Thank you Lord Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment