Monday, February 13, 2012

13 Feb 12

Thank you Lord for a great day!

Charlene was awake at 0000 but I was sleeping and only woke up at 0400. So once again, we had neurosuit training in the middle of the night at 0500. Charlene did hold her head by herself, though I think I need to meet the KKH PT more to train my techniques. Then, at 0550, I probably didn't handle her well, her head flopped down and next moment she was upset and went into fits. I stopped the neurosuit training and she went to sleep. 

I was prepared that she would not be awake for school. But nevertheless I prayed for a fruitful day before I took a nap myself in the morning. At 1140 when I was changing her for school, she woke up. She stayed awake and was as usual smiling happily during Circle Time and Song Time in class. I will not bring the neurosuit to school and let her use it unless only during the half hour of therapy. I want Charlene to be happy in class. 

I didn't bring the apple mango puree as I thought Charlene will be asleep. Anyway, I asked teacher for some cold ice and started the 'toothbrush' feeding practice with Charlene. The SLT who normally will be busy with another child was free as that other child was sleeping. So he caught Charlene doing 'O' shape with her mouth (what he described as rounding?). I tried the chewy tube to stimulate tongue movement and there was none. The SLT tried and there was none too. I casually said that Charlene liked sour taste, cold water is too plain for her. He sprayed some sour gel on the chewy tube and this time, they (the SLT and the teacher) saw a lot of tongue movement from Charlene. The SLT is very pleased and praised Charlene for her improvement! I prayed a silent prayer and seized the opportunity to ask him if there would be a value to let Charlene go for vital stim. He said yes and asked me for doctor's letter and said he will arrange for it during the holidays. Thank God! We pray that the vital stim will bring about a breakthrough in Charlene's oral skills. 

God is Good! Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment