Tuesday, November 22, 2011

22 Nov 2011

Today, Charlene continues to be a good girl and makes her mummy happy.

Charlene sat in the pram with the balloon tied to her wrist. She seems like she is tracking a little as the fan blew the balloon away. She still can't turn her head but her eyes were tracking...

Thanks to Sally. I started using the sesame street website. Found songs that goes "Raise your hand", "Clap your hand". So I did them with Charlene and she was smiling happily.

I also played Elmo song and C for Cookie song. While I was taking my lunch, I played Elmo song. When the song ended (only 3 mins+), Charlene went 'eh'. So I played the second time. When it ended, she went 'eh' again. Only after the 3rd time, she did not say anything. I think she likes the Elmo song more than the husky voice of Cookie Monster. Anyway, I am really glad to have the website.

Cos Rose told me to try picture cards, I showed Charlene 2 cards; one cat and the other dog. I showed her the picture with dog and made barking sounds plus a song. Same with the cat. Then I left the dog card below her right hand and the cat card below her left hand. I told her to choose one and that I will wait no matter how long she takes. After a minute, Charlene let out a 'sigh' and lifted her left hand abruptly. Almost immediately, she then started throwing tantrums by kicking her legs wildly. I picked her up from her pram immediately and rocked her in the air, praising her and she stopped. So clever.

No comments:

Post a Comment