Monday, November 21, 2011

21 Nov 2011

I am very happy today. Charlene is such a good girl today.

I told Charlene it is Auntie Milie's birthday today and I need her to smile so that I can take a nice picture and wat app to Auntie Milie. She smiled immediately. But cos later I decided to tie her Happy Birthday balloon to her wrist for the picture, she didnt really smile.

In the morning, I rolled a spiky ball across her arm and palm and she got irritated. So I asked her to hit the ball away (stretched arm forward). I took her hand and demonstrated once. The second time I irritate her again, she stretched her arm and hit the ball away. So clever.

Cos my backside pain (due to prolonged sitting and probably Charlene's heavy weight on me), I decided to make Charlene sit on the taxi seat leaning on me and my hands supporting her head. She gave me the 'what's happening to me' look. Think she quite like the bumpy ride. But a bit dangerous - the reckless driver jammed the brake and she almost flew out.

She was still quiet and good. But shortly after we entered the neurologist room, she started whining. Maybe she realised where she was. Anyway, when we were about to leave, I told her to say bye and before I could hold her hand up to do a flying kiss (which is a routine), she raised her right hand herself. I think the doctor was a bit taken aback and praised Charlene for being a good girl.

I also met up with my newfound friends. And when I asked Charlene to say Hi to Auntie Rose, she raised her right hand. Charlene was smiling happily as she met Mummy's new friends and Issac didi.

One of my newfound friends Sally wrote a song to encourage Charlene. Tune of the song 'Sixteen' from the Sound of Music.

"U are two now, going on three
Baby, u're such a plum
Growing stronger, smiling with glee
Charlene, u're such a charm

Raising your hand to say hello
All by yourself
Surprising everyone you know
But not your dear old self

You can do it
Little by little
All u need is time
Slow and steady
Wins the race

Your mummy is very proud"

No comments:

Post a Comment