Thursday, May 12, 2011

5 May - 11 May 2011

5 May - 11 May 2011 

Here we go again... Charlene's biological clock inverted itself again. She slept through 2 hours of school on Thur. And slept the whole afternoon when my mum visited on Friday. On Saturday, she woke up at 9pm, ready to listen to the General Elections results and didn't go to sleep till the results were all announced. She slept through baptism class on Sunday. Slept through her neurology appointment and 30 mins of sitting and rolling with KKH occupation therapist. Slept through Auntie Madelyn's first visit on Tue.  

So for the past few days, Dez and I went to bed at 9pm. Dez will wake up to feed her milk at 12am. And I will take over from 2am as Charlene will be awake by then. Her eyes are wide open and sometimes she will smile happily as we talked to her. Playing of music will make her happy as well. I am actually quite upset as I find it very difficult to keep awake and find that I can't talk as much to her in the middle of the night, can't make strange sounds, can't play toys with sounds etc. 

While trying my best to stay awake, I will do stretching exercises, exercises that compress her muscles and joints. I will also do rolling and sitting with her. But at around 4am, I will be very tired and I will just doze off and leave Charlene alone. She is quite good and will only start making noise at 5+am, probably because she wants milk. 

Then at 7am, she will look tired and lethargic. And this is where I struggle. I do not know if I should continue with the exercises. I have opted to leave her alone. But she will continue looking tired and eventually only sleep at 10/11am. 

So even though I did a bit of exercises with her, the stimulation is lacking. 

Pray that Charlene's biological clock will go back to normal so that we can do more with her. The OT in KKH just suggested using food such as coffee powder for play - touch, smell, taste... 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment