Wednesday, June 23, 2010

23 June 10

Charlene is very cranky today. After I fed her halfway, she started crying and the button started leaking. As I was cleaning the stoma, milk was gushing out that I panicked and lost my cool. That obviously didn't help as Charlene cried even louder. I was very pissed as time is running out (taxi coming soon at 1245pm as she is supposed to go to KKH for physiotherapy). Also, the leakage is very bad and the gauze that I changed was soaked almost immediately. And cos she was crying non-stop, I couldn't continue feeding her.

I was very angry and called Dez to express my irritability. And it didn't help that my fil kept saying unconstructive comments showing his lack of understanding of the whole matter. I seriously didn't want to bring Charlene to KKH but Dez said that it wouldn't matter since staying at home doesn't mean she will stop crying (which is the truth).

Thank God for the nice taxi uncle who waited for 15 mins till 1pm without starting his meter. Charlene cried her way to KKH and through the whole physio session.

After I diligently rolled her almost everyday, her rolling has improved! Thank God! And her head control and neck muscles are better too. The therapist told me to add another exercise; turn her head in prone position (which was something Charlene could do when she was very small but due to lack of practice, she had forgotten how to). Charlene finally slept soundly at the end of the physio session after being put in prone.

The occupational therapist came to check on her cortical thumbs while she was asleep. Her left thumb has gotten straighter as the muscles are more relaxed but her right thumb still needs more stretching.

At the end of the day as I reflected, I found myself to be like the Israelite (in the Old Testament), always complaining and whining to God. I should count my blessings. God is good! Charlene is improving!

No comments:

Post a Comment