Saturday, May 22, 2010

18-20 May

20 May 10



At 4am, I woke up to go toilet and was shocked to see the bottle of milk that was being heated. It was only around 15-20ml. I was so sick so I didn't measure the milk in the fridge to the exact amount (50 ml) that Charlene is supposed to be drinking. I can't believe that my fil is not using his common sense. I woke Dez up to inform him. He apparently told his father off and their conversation ended up in a big quarrel awaking the whole family. Charlene was obviously affected and started having many episodes.

By 4pm, Charlene already had more than 30 episodes. We have no choice but to send her back to the hospital. We told the nurse at A&E that Charlene had breakthrough seizures. Charlene didn't have to wait to see doctor. I was told to carry her to a private room and many doctors and nurses came dashing in and did many things on Charlene (insert line, take blood for tests, hooked her on monitoring) etc. Cos she had so many episodes, the doctors were very concerned and sent her to high dependency ward for observation.



19 May 10

My mother-in-law's diarrhea is under control but she was very weak and tired. Dez took leave to help out. In the morning, I was ok then the fever came back in the afternoon and refused to go away. Yet, I have to continue doing what I have to do till evening. I went to the doc who was shocked by my high fever of 39 deg and told me to rest for two days. After taking the med at 8pm, I went to sleep. My father-in-law woke me up to make the milk and med at 12 midnight. I made it, left it on the table and went back to sleep.



18 May 10

My mother-in-law vomitted twice last night and again this morning after breakfast. I am fatigued and my whole body was aching. The situation got worse in the afternoon when my mil started having diarrhea continuously and totally could not help out in taking care of Charlene. Despite me telling her to go to the doc, she didn't do so until 5 hrs later. After Dez came back, I started running a fever. I was pissed cos I still couldn't rest. My fever was on and off through the night.

Thank God that Charlene had zero episodes today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment