Monday, April 12, 2010

12 April 10

12 April 10

Thank God for His grace upon us today!

I brought Charlene to the Children Surgery Centre to see Dr Ong, the surgeon. After registration, the clerk needed to take Charlene's weight. As soon as my mother-in-law put Charlene on the weighing scale. she started to cry.


I prayed for God's peace and for her to sleep. Thank God for prompting me on the right things to do. First, I gave her the pacifier which she happily sucked. Then I told my mother-in-law (who was carrying her) to put her hand over her ear (cos the place is noisy with screaming kids and slamming doors). Shortly after, Charlene fell asleep. It was the 1st time she slept in the CSC, the first time she didn't cry continuously (We have been there like 8 times already). Praise the Lord! 

I told the surgeon that the button is still leaking but she didn't really respond to that. She was preoccupied with the hernia. She was happy and said that the new button has helped the muscles to heal and the bulge (which appears when Charlene strains or cries) was not so evident. She said that the muscles should heal in 2 weeks time and Charlene need not go for the op.

Praise God! He answers our prayers! (Thank you brothers and sisters in Christ who has been praying).

I also told the surgeon my concern of Charlene's slow weight gain, only increase by 130g in 7 days, from 4910g to 5040g. The surgeon was surprised that Charlene's weight has increased and said that Charlene is only drinking 45ml of milk each feed. She said that it's better to wait till the hernia goes away then increase the milk amount. Dez agrees with the doc that it is amazing that Charlene can still gain weight based on the pathetic amount of milk drank. Also, she didn't really have 45ml in her stomach all the time. Sometimes, she lost some milk due to vomiting and leakage. We thank God for helping Charlene to grow.

When we reached home, Charlene slept after milk. It was the first time in many days that she allowed us to leave her in the cot in the day to sleep. (She will cry and demand to be carried 12 hrs a day). I started to sing worship songs and saw her smile (full smile) in her sleep during the 2 songs - Amazing Grace and Jesus Loves Me. When I said "God is Good!", she also smiled. Dez and I are looking forward to the day that she will flash us a full smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment