Sunday, September 29, 2013

Car and Child (Dez)

I am moving to a new work place, which is a considerable distance from my home. A lot of my colleagues encouraged me to consider buying a car.

While I am seriously considering that option, I am also reluctant to spend a large part of my savings on a car. I explained to them that while my wife is working now, we are still thinking of whether we want to have a child.

If we do have a child, my wife would stop working to take care of the child.

When I said that, many people blurted out, "But why?"

I find it very difficult to explain to people that if we do become parents, we want to focus our time on our child. I personally think that it's fair that my wife will be able to spend quality time with our child, instead of getting her to work at the same time.

Considering that she gave up her work for 3.5 years for Charlene, we both agree that she would love it to take care of a child herself, if we give ourselves a second chance.

How do I explain it to people that we would want to make up for time for a lost child? In fact, if I have the financial capability, I would want to stay home and help too.

Having said all that, the car and the child is not a mutually exclusive decision. We can still have a car and a child; only our finances will be hurt.

But we trust in God to provide for us, which He has always done so. Praise God for His providence!

No comments:

Post a Comment