Friday, March 8, 2013

8 Mar - 15 Mar 2013

On the 8th, I vomited three times in the night. I went to a GP who said I had stomach flu and sent me home on a non solid diet. Sat night (9/3) I vomit another three times. Whatever that I have tried so hard to drink in the day was vomited out and the fever never gone down despite taking panadol. On Sun night (10/3), I vomit 5 times and I could no longer drink anything. Whatever I drank, I vomit. My hubby got his brother to take me to a 24hr clinic (cos he has to take care of Charlene). The doctor after seeing my face and hearing what happened to me, told me to go to the hospital. So we went to Khoo Teck Puat A&E at 12 midnight. I was put on 3 packets of saline and at 5am, despite my temperature at 38 deg, I was sent home. I did not vomit anymore but the fever was still persistently high and that made me really lethargic. Also, I was unable to consume sufficiently enough fluid to stay hydrated.

The next morning (12/3), at 530 am, my husband took my temperature. It was 40 degrees! He sent me to the hospital immediately. I was put on saline drip again as I waited for admission in an observation room in the A&E. The doctors tried to find the source of my infection; they took chest X-Ray, ecg, blood test to rule out dengue, nose swab, body swab and blood culture to check bacteria etc. The only thing the blood test tells them was that my white blood count was too high (obviously since I am having a fever indicating that my body is fighting infection). The fever still goes up and down for the next two days.  I was also sent to the ENT doctor who had a good look at my ears, did a nose scope for me and look at my throat. They found two ulcers at the back of my throat and my tonsils were quite infected (cos I was having a nasty dry cough).

Only till 14/3, the last time I had fever was at 230pm, afterwhich I didn't have fever anymore. After checking my blood once again to make sure my white blood count has come down to normal, they discharged me on the 15/3.

So I stayed 4 days at the hospital leaving Charlene to her Daddy and grandparents. It was a forceful break for me. I have never fallen so sick before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment