Wednesday, August 22, 2012

22 Aug 2012 - Charlene and music therapy

Charlene was awakened in school today. With her eyes hardly open, she smiled as Teacher Ivane sang songs with her. Charlene was already on the slide and waiting to slide down when Teacher Adeline came in and told us to go to the music room for assessment. I am so happy that Charlene is given a chance to be assessed - thanks to Teacher Adeline who has been telling the music therapist about Charlene.

Charlene was not too awake but she is responding to the music. Once the music stops, she is supposed to raise her hand to touch the instrument indicating she wants more. Though she hardly could raise her arms, she indicate by making sounds or through her expressions.

Charlene loves the guitar and was smiling happily. She doesn't seem to like instruments with too high pitch and too loud sounds.

I am also glad that Teacher Melody came up to look for Charlene. As Teacher Melody was activating her neck muscles and getting Charlene to raise her head, I was clapping my hands and telling Charlene to "up up". The music therapist after seeing what I was doing, told Teacher Melody to do it once again while she played an instrument. Charlene responded quite well to it.

I don't know whether Charlene will be selected for the music therapy (I do hope so!!!)






No comments:

Post a Comment