Wednesday, May 9, 2012

9 May 2012

Charlene's fever is gone. Her body should have successfully fight the infection. But the diarrhea was persisting and it has been 6 days. I was hesitating whether to send her to the hospital for a precautionary check. It could mean spending additional $200 or worse being admitted and spending additional $ and exposing her to more germs and viruses. My friends from the support group told me to go. So, I prayed about it and decided to bring her.

Nuh children A&E was rather empty when I reached. After hearing me, the doctor concluded that it should be viral infection. The diarrhea might take a couple more days. He prescribed probiotics and another medicine to harden stools. God then provided an opportunity for us to seek a second opinion by helping us with a referral to see the nuh neurologist. When we got out of the doctor's room, the waiting area was packed. After collecting the medicine, we left. The man at the door was shocked when I asked where is the taxi stand. He asked if I have seen the doctor. Thank God, it only took us 45mins and the trip achieved its purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment