Friday, September 9, 2011

2 Sept - 11 Sept 2011 Sch holidays

6 Sept 2011
I brought Charlene to the hospital for her gastro appointment. Charlene weighs 11.8kg and is 83cm tall. I told the Dr to check Charlene's tongue to determine if the whitish thing at the back of her tongue is oral thrush or refluxed milk. Dear Charlene refused to open her mouth and bite the ' ice cream' stick tightly. So the nurse resorted to pressing Charlene's nose to force her to open her mouth (I was watching and thinking to myself how clever and unorthodox these people are). Anyway, Charlene was totally furious at what was being done to her and started waving both her hands in the air furiously. The Dr screamed at the nurse to hold her hands and the nurse with one hand on Charlene's nose, meekly asked me to hold Charlene's hands. Haha, I actually find it quite comical. As compared to the quiet meek Charlene in her 1st few months of life, Dez and I prefer the complaining, whining, energetic Charlene. Praise God!

Anyway, the result of the check on the tongue is that it is neither oral thrush nor refluxed milk. It's phlegm....


9 Sept 2011
We have 2 appointments today, one at 1030am, the other at 3pm. Charlene used to smile happily at Dr Natalie whenever we have paediatric appointment. However, cos Dr Natalie has left, Charlene slept through the whole appointment with the new Dr. She didn't even see how he looks like.

The appointment went unexpectedly fast. Cos I reached early and the fellow before us was late. By 1130, we were done. After feeding Charlene milk, it was only 12. 3 more hours to go. I bought MacDonalds lunch and was thinking to myself how to pass that 3 hrs when I bumped into Jo (the occupation therapist we are supposed to see at 3pm). She asked why I am so early and when she heard that we are done for the day, she said she could see Charlene at 1pm. I was super happy and thanked God for His goodness!

Charlene was awakened by Jo who 'took her on a bumpy ride'. She showed interest in a toy drum as well as 2 noisy boys running around the gym. Cos she was quite cooperative, I told Jo to reward her - let her slide down the slide. I counted one, two and Charlene said "ehh...!". And when she reached the bottom of the slide, she whined and made a lot of noise. Jo was pleased to see her 'talk'. She also said that Charlene's neck control has improved a bit. Thank God!

Thomas and Rusyinni gave us a ride to cell. When Thomas said Charlene 'heng2 mei3', she smiled at him happily. After cell ended, I took the waffle with ice-cream and showed it to Charlene. Then I went to eat and ignored her completely, leaving her to her Daddy. When we changed hands, Charlene threw tantrums at me, obviously upset that I dumped her aside just now. She whined and 'thrashed around' so much that our cell group people were wondering if she is ok. We are grateful to God that Charlene is making progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment