Tuesday, August 16, 2011

16 Aug 2011

I brought Charlene to the feeding clinic today. She is very awake. (She normally sleeps when she sees PT and OT). The dietician was recommending that we switched Charlene to Pediasure (a full nutrition milk). As soon as we are done with Enfagrow, we will do that.

Charlene weighs 11.7kg and is 84cm tall. She is developing well physically. The speech therapist was saying that must find a suitable chair for Charlene. But her head control remains a problem. She can sit in the chair that Uncle Vincent and Auntie Audrey bought for her but her head will either be in recline position or dropped down, How to feed like that....

The speech therapist was saying try the feeding spoon exercises twice a day instead of one. I was explaining to her time is limited, minus away sleeping time and feeding time, still have to allocate time for other developmental exercises. She immediately reassured me that I am doing a good job and I know what is best for Charlene and when to do what. It's the first time I have heard this response from a professional (besides Dr Natalie). Most of the time, I get the feeling that I am not trying hard enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment