Wednesday, July 6, 2011

6 July 2011

Charlene has 3 appointments in KKH today. I was mentally geared to handle her alone. Dez bought me a heavy breakfast and I spent the time preparing the bag and things to bring. Both times I fed Charlene, she coughed. I thought carrying her upright might help. But both times she puke saliva out.
I remembered wondering "Like that how"? Immediately, I prayed to God that He will bless me on our journey to KKH that Charlene will not puke, poo, leak etc. I prayed that I would be able to manage and handle her in whatever situation. I also pray that I will be blessed with taxi uncles who will be gentlemen and will help me with the pram.

I feel confident and at peace. Charlene slept the moment we set off at 11am. The taxi uncle helped me load and unload the pram. When we reached KKH, the patient service assistant who took Charlene's weight was a familiar face; one of the blessing that God has blessed us with in our early days of taking care of Charlene. This lady will give us encouragement and show us concern. It was the same each time I bumped into her. She will ask about Charlene and encouraged me that Charlene's growth is cos I took good care of her. This time, she said that she felt the confidence in me in taking care of Charlene.

Charlene slept through physiotherapy even in the neurosuit.
The cardiologist appointment dragged as the consultant wanted an ultrasound. Charlene's main heart muscle remained mildly thick. The cardiologist who did the scan was quite determine to find a diagnosis for Charlene's condition. When they told me that they suspect Charlene has sleeping disorder and that may cause her heart problem.
So they gave us a referral to the sleeping clinic. I was quite amused as a year ago I have been telling the neurologist to send Charlene to the sleeping clinic. Anyway, I thank God that finally Charlene is going for the sleep clinic (though they are fully booked till Dec).

I also managed to feed Charlene 150ml of water on 3 different occasions n 50ml of milk. I also collected her med at the pharmacy before heading home.

When I reached the house lift lobby, the lift door opened right in front of me without me pressing it. I am v grateful for a blessed day and felt that God is by my side watching me and giving me strength and help.

No comments:

Post a Comment