Friday, April 5, 2013

5 Apr 2013

God sent a friend to encourage me today. Despite also being in a difficult situation herself (she also has a special needs child who has neuro degenerative disease), she came all the way in a taxi to pray for Charlene. Charlene was quite cooperative and seemed to like her.

We caught up quite a bit and enjoyed the fellowship. Charlene was also quite cooperative lying on the sofa. We also did oral feeding with her. This clever girl doesn't want to drink cold water but the moment I gave her apple carrot juice, she drank. When it was near time to go to school, I changed her clothes and told her we are going to school and she started crying. So my friend told her to stop crying if she doesn't want to go to school and she stopped almost immediately. I let her rest a while, thinking I might still be able to bring her for her music therapy since it is the last period. An hour later, I told Charlene again we are going to school to see Tr Jac for music lesson and she started crying again. So my friend again told her to stop crying if she doesn't want to go to school and she did and eventually fell asleep on the sofa.

It is the first time in three months since potassium bromide is taken off that Charlene can sleep on her own without the influence of medicine and without carrying. I thank God for sending my friend! God has really blessed our family greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment