Wednesday, November 28, 2012

28 Nov 2012

Praise God!

Charlene's eeg this morning has shown improvement. Dr Ong and his junior doctor and sleep technicians viewed the video plus the associated eeg. The many episodes that she has during sleep has been confirmed by Prof Ong that those are not fits but sleep disturbances (arousals that you and I also have). Thats a huge relief for us, as we have been counting them as seizures. Dr Ong instructed us that we will work towards cutting off potassium bromide in 2 months time so that she only has one medication (epilim).

We pray that Charlene can be weaned off potassium bromide successfully and that she will have a breakthrough in her cognitive development! Please continue to uphold her in prayers that God will heal her brain and that she will not have sleep-related problems.

I am grateful to God for such great news a day before my birthday. God is gracious and kind to me despite me being so lack in faith. Just as the Bible says in 2 Timothy 2:13 "if we are faithless, he will remain faithful..."

Also want to say a big thank you to my friends from the support group for remembering my birthday and    for treating our family to a scrumptious 9-course Hokkaido meal.


No comments:

Post a Comment