Saturday, April 21, 2012

21 April 2012 - Cleansing stream retreat

This post is by Dez on behalf of our family, testifying to God's goodness and reassurance for us at the cleansing stream retreat.

Originally me and Mummy didn't expect much from the retreat as we are physically tired from the caring of Charlene. Also we didn't know whether she would kick up a fuss for long hours outside home. On Friday evening, we wondered whether we made the right decision to attend cleansing stream together; it may have been better if we rejected our cell leader suggestion and attend it individually a year apart.

But God's way is higher than our way. He has His own plans for us.

We were late for the Friday retreat so we missed out the worship, the part that we were most looking forward to. After we had settled Charlene in a separate room, we had missed out part of the workshop. The 2 of us didn't expect much as we took our assigned seats.

As the session went on, I felt a strange tugging of the heart. It was subtle, a strange nagging feeling that I usually get after a lifting worship song. It was strange as I missed the worship and the sharing of the Word was something I already knew about. The only reason I can find is that the Holy Spirit was present in the room. (post event, I asked Mummy how she felt about the evening retreat and the first thing she said is that she felt the Holy Spirit presence). The sense of the Holy Spirit lifted us, and after the retreat, me and Mummy spoke about our spiritual life till 1am.

More was to come from God on Sat retreat.

Nancy, my intercessor for 2 of the session, came up to me and asked me whether she can pray for Charlene. I was not at all surprised because I know she saw that Charlene milk was tube-fed. I agreed and asked her to do it later, together with Mummy.

During the lunch break, Nancy came in with Kim and prayed for our family. They prayed for Charlene healing, for Charlene to 'wake up from her slumber', for 'angels to come and give us respite', for 'release about worry on finances'. We were stunned because the contents of their prayers were exactly what we struggled with. And me and Mummy only told them that we struggled with family responsibilities, with no mention about the difficulties we are facing. We knew that God was telling us that 'He cares about us' through Nancy and Kim.

It was God's plan for our cell leader to nudge us into participating in the cleansing stream together, for Nancy to be my intercessor, for Nancy and Kim to pray for us and Charlene, and for them to pray for what our hearts yearn.

Thank you Cleansing Stream ministry for the 2-day retreat.

'No eye has seen,no ear has heard,no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him.' - 1 Cor 2:9.

No comments:

Post a Comment