Tuesday, December 6, 2011

6 Dec 2011

Charlene's first appointment with Sarah Wong, physiotherapist, Kids Focus

I had a challenging start to the journey. I carried Charlene in the harness and boarded bus 806. Charlene started coughing along the journey and when the bus stopped at the interchange, Charlene puked a lot so much so that it spilled over from the towel I was holding to the floor.

After cleaning her up, I waited 15 mins for bus 852. When it finally came, I didn't board as I figured I will be late for the appointment.

I thank God that Charlene is awake for the session. Sarah tried her on another compression suit and left Charlene to sit on her own. Charlene's could sit (as in her trunk is relatively better) BUT her head was totally flopped downwards. Upon seeing that, Sarah said that the next appointment she will try the same thing but use electrical stimulation on Charlene's neck to activate her neck muscles. Sarah is quite impressed that Charlene's trunk muscles is quite good. She was also quite positive that Charlene should be able to achieve independent sitting.

Charlene was whining at times during her intensive training. But it was overall at least a good session cos she is awake.


No comments:

Post a Comment