Thursday, January 27, 2011

27 Jan 10

While Charlene sleeps, I have been surfing the net with my iTouch. Sometimes on useful things like medical stuff, toys, clothes, medical supplies. Sometimes on useless things like football news etc.

While searching for 3M durapore tape, I found a medical supply shop near Dez's workplace. We didn't manage to get the tape as it is out of stocks. The sterile gauze there is the cheapest that we have bought so far; 60 cents per packet. Though the brand is different, it doesn't really make a difference. Saves us a lot of money. We bought it at Polyclinic at 90 cents each. KKH sells it at $1.05. So for 100 packets of gauze, we saved $30. That's a lot.

Then, while surfing for whether cereal can be fed through the feeding tube, I stumbled upon a forum thread with the term 'granulation tissue'. It was an all too familiar term and I decided to just clicked and read it. From there, I found 'My button buddies', a washable pad that can be worn around buttons to absorb the leakage. One selling at $5. In the long run, it would be cheaper than buying the gauze. Also, it saves the hassle of cutting the gauze. Most importantly, I hope it will absorb better than the gauze so that Charlene's skin (the area around the button) can be better. Have placed an order for some of them, waiting for them to be shipped over.

No comments:

Post a Comment