Tuesday, December 21, 2010

20 Dec 10

Today, Charlene had her Mic-Key button changed. The valve was a little stuck and the nurse thinks it is about time to change a new one as we had used the old one for 8 months which was a long time for a Mic-Key button (typically can only last 3 months).

After feeding Charlene and resting for a while, we went home in a cab. While the cab was turning into carpark, Charlene started vomiting and turning purplish. Thank God she recovered and did not choke on her vomitus which was in her mouth. She vomited out undigested milk and some dark yellowish thingy.

After bathing Charlene, I fed her potassium bromide (which was only about 10ml) which she vomited out almost immediately with the dark yellowish thingy again. At 9pm, Dez started feeding her milk which she vomited out with the dark yellowish thingy again.

I went to sleep at 10pm without closing the room door. And strangely, Dez did not close the room door for me (which he normally does). At 12midnight, I heard Dez telling his Dad that Charlene vomited but was too tired to wake up.

At 2am, I heard Dez shouting for his Dad saying that Charlene has vomited and I dashed into the room to see a pool of dark yellowish puke. I told Dez that Dr Natalie once told me that the dark yellowish thingy is most likely bile. After a quick Google search, all results tell us to bring to Emergency Room immediately.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment